Monday, November 5, 2012

Camphill Kite Festival, Pennsylvania, USA

I have already been back home from the US for a couple of months. But I just would like to put on record that Camp Hill Recreation Department had organised its Annual Kite Festival on May 20th 2012 from noon to 4 p.m. I was there with the Keystone Kiters flying their kites and my Wau Bulan. The festival was held at the Fiala Field soccer fields along Route 581, behind the Camp Hill United Methodist Church. The event was free and making a kite was free too.

There were more than fifty kites, big and small, flown. Wind was mild but we managed to get some easy flyers going.

P.S. : I really miss festivals in Malaysia where kites are flown by the hundreds; if not thousands; and the festivals lasted for several days. I look forward to make up what I have loss.

 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment